Congrats to everyone who matched for residency today! I matched into general surgery and now I only have to wait until Friday to know where I'll be going. The end of schooling is so near I can almost taste it haha. For shits and giggles (literally), I made some chocolate covered marshmallows with dried pineapple for his voluptuous hair. Doesn't it look like the real thing (if not much improved)??
President Trump Dumpsmakes 25-35 dumps
- recipe with corn syrup adapted from Alton Brown
- recipe withOUT corn syrup here (just don't add matcha powder)
* I added 1:3 ratio of red:yellow food coloring to achieve orange insides (optional)
Dried Pineapple Toupee - 1 can of whole ring pineapple in juice (only need 4 slices)
Eyes - white and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- First make the pineapple toupee because this takes the longest. Drain can of pineapple rings and cut into quarters and half the thickness. Lay on silicone baking mat to dry at room temp overnight uncovered. This eliminates using your oven and wasting so much electricity. Next day, stick it in a 170F (or your oven's lowest settings) heated oven and dry for about 2 hours. Using a chopstick, roll and lay the dried pineapple pieces to hang so they curl and dry for another hour
- Prepare 2 silicone baking mats or wax paper and lightly grease patches/circles where you will pipe out the marshmallows on. Make 1 recipe of marshmallows and add food coloring if you like. Dump whipped marshmallow into a piping bag with a 1/2" tip. I also used a gallon ziploc bag and sniped a sizable whole for easy cleaning!
- Pipe out marshmallow poops onto the mat and dry uncovered overnight or at least 4-5 hours
- Melt 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking chips in a bain-marie or double boiler and dip marshmallows. Use a fork to pick it up by the base and tap fork to let excess chocolate drip so you can have a more defined poop shape
- Make your next one as you allow the chocolate covering to dry a little bit. Then place white chocolate chips for eyes and use a chopstick to draw pupils with the melted chocolate. Dress with curled pineapple toupee!