So darn bored in class... sitting in the back and flipping through my favorite cookbook of the month, "Jerusalem" by Ottolenghi. Gawd, I love cookbooks with pretty pictures. I own all their other cookbooks too (Plenty, The Cookbook). My mouth is watering, even though I already had a fat sandwich. Is it weird that I love to gawk at food?
Anyhoo, just wanted to share a super simple and quick recipe. Roasted vegetables for fall!! This vegetarian recipe will convert any eggplant hater. Fo' reals.
Click read more button below for recipe :)
Roasted Eggplant + Quinoaadapted from 'Jerusalem' by Ottolenghi
makes 2 servings
2 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chile flakes
1 tsp cayenne
1 tbsp lemon zest
Salt + pepper
1 large eggplant
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1/2 stalk green onions, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup greek yogurt
- Mix first 5 ingredients in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add salt and pepper
- Cut eggplant lengthwise, score deep crisscrosses but don't puncture skin!
- Spoon herb mixture on the flesh and roast cut side-up at 400F for 30-40 minutes
- Mix chopped cilantro, green onion with the cooked quinoa and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper
- When the eggplant is done, serve quinoa on top, spoon some yogurt, sprinkle some cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil