Done with my last exam for the semester. Only 999999 more exams in my life to go (yipee). I'm going to go run, relax and de-stress. Have my mum cook for me, go snowboarding, and then hibernate for 2 weeks. Yes!! I hope everyone has a wonderfully lazy Christmas too!
Here are some cookies I made to give to my bf's parents for xmas. Gawd, I am such a parent pleaser :)
These are mildly sweet cookies, with a buttery green tea aroma. Perfect for fancy gift giving.
Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Cookiesmakes 2 dozen cookies
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, cup into pieces
1.5 tbsp matcha powder (good quality makes greener cookies)
1/4 cup white sugar
3 tbsp raw sugar
- Beat butter ~3 min on medium high speed (used my mixer) until creamy. Add matcha and sugar gradually on high until fluffy
- Stir in flour and salt on low or by hand. Don't overmix! Just until blended
- Gather into a ball with your hand. The dough may seem dry but if you work at it and knead it a few times it will come together
- Roll out onto lightly floured parchment to 1/4" and cut out desired shape. Sprinkle sugar over the tops and press in lightly
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour - overnight
- Preheat oven to 325F and bake 17-22 mins. Watch carefully because you don't want them turning brown!
*If cutting out is too much work, you can also roll the dough into a cylinder, roll it in some raw sugar to coat it. Seran wrap and refrigerate. When you're ready to bake, slice it into 1/4" rounds and bake!