So much free time this weekend, I didn't know what to do besides bake. So I created this monster, although the crazy idea came from the bf. This cheesecake is definitely a eat first and think later cake. It is studded with cookie dough balls and chocolate chips and is so rich and creamy! Wew, I'm either going to go into a food coma or having another slice :/
If you do decide to make the cheesecake, really make sure your springform pan is tightly secured with foil, so water doesn't seep in while baking. I had a little bit of an issue but the cake turned out okay.
Next week is all anatomy lab until spring break. Woo!! I don't mind every pore in my body stinking like formaldehyde, because I am going to go home sooonn!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
makes a 10" cake
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 - 1 cup mix of brown and white sugar
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 cups honey graham crackers, crushed (less than 14 crackers)
4 (8oz) blocks cream cheese, softened to room temp (I used lite cream cheese, plenty rich still)
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream (I used full fat)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cookie dough: Beat butter and sugar in a mixer, add milk and vanilla. Mix on low the flour, salt and chocolate chips until everything comes together in a lump. You can add more milk if it seems too dry, but if you work the dough with your hands, it should be alright. Roll dough into 3/4" balls and place them on wax paper or plastic wrap covered baking sheet. Place into the freezer for at least 30mins
- Crust: Wrap the bottom of the pan with a lot of foil to make it waterproof. Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 10" springform pan. Crush crackers with a rolling pin in a ziploc bag, or a food processor. Mix together butter and crumbs. Press into bottom of pan and a little up the sides
- Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 325F. In a mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. So important to use room temp cheese or you'll get cold lumps. Beat in eggs and flour. On medium, beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth
- Assembly: Pour half the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Fold in frozen cookie dough balls and 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the remaining batter. Pour into pan and smooth out top. Place pan into a bigger pan and fill it up halfway with water (under the foil line though!)
- Bake cheesecake at 325F for 1 hour (may not look cooked but it's okay!). Turn off oven, crack door open and let the cake sit for another 30 mins. Let it cool completely out of the oven and then chill overnight.
- Cheesecake is best served cold!