Free weekend!! Man, it has been a while since I got to stay up watching the Mindy Project and then waking up really late (And I mean embarrassingly late :X ...) The past few weeks have been so draining. Learning about alcoholic fatty livers and cirrhosis. I felt like my brain was being overused and abused. Now, I have time to do anything I want...that is until...um Monday. Boo!
Eek, I really complain too much. Anyhoo, I decided to go a little easter themed today, so I baked these macaroons. They're super cute and takes literally 5 mins of prep. Enjoy :)
Easter Egg Nest Macaroons
makes 9 large macaroons
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (used this bobs red mill)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate
3 tbsp half and half
handful of Robin eggs (or any candy coated eggs)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Whip up the egg whites and salt in your mixer and a little stiff. It is definitely easier than doing this by hand!
- Pour in the sugar while whipping in high speed. The mix should become white and thick. Add in the vanilla.
- Fold in shredded coconut and flour. Shape into balls with your hands and a spatula. Plop into a lined cookie sheet and make and indentation.
- Bake for 16-20 mins or until some parts are nice and golden. Let the macaroons cool and harden a little. You can use a spoon and make the indentations more pronounced with the back of a spoon.
- Melt the chocolate and half and half in the microwave for 30 secs. You can add maybe a tsp of butter here to make it a little more smooth. Spoon some into the macaroons and add the eggs.