Ah... It feels like I haven't been posting for a while! I swear I've been sweating it up in the kitchen baking, cooking and testing out recipes. I have so many posts lined up that I'm super excited about, so I promise I'll have it up soon. But, for now I'm going to post something I made last year. Haha oops. I've been meaning to post these oreo cheesecake brownies that I made when I just felt I needed the ultimate indulgence. It isn't one of my usual East-meets-West recipe, but sometimes there are foods like cheesecake brownies that you just can't tamper with.
Do make these and save them in the fridge so you can have them on one of those long and exhausting days. Or if you're like me and you become cookie monster at a certain time of the month ;)
Hopefully I'll be able to post some cooler recipes soon!
Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
makes one 8x8" pan
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, room temp
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
About 1 cup crushed Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line pan with parchment paper
- Brownie: mix wet ingredients (melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla), gently stir in the dry ingredients (cocoa, flour, salt, baking powder) and just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into the pan. Smooth out if necessary.
- Cheesecake: Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Whip in the sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Gently fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Carefully pour cheesecake batter over the brownie batter and smooth the top
- Put in the oven for 20mins (do not open the oven door). Lower the oven to 325F and bake for another 20 mins. Again (DON"T open the oven door), lower temperature to 300 and bake for 10 mins
- Now crack open the oven door just a little bit, turn off the oven, and let it sit for 30-40mins. Let it cool and then stick it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.